Okay, here we are again. We are nearing the end of the year as I am writing this. Another year almost starts and it is time to reflect on the past year and set goals for the new year. Even though it is an arbitrary moment to do so, I still want to do it.
Reflection on 2021
2021 was not an easy year, for anyone. Nor was it for me. I was working on my blog and vlogs at the start of this year. It was very cool to be able to do so, but I did not feel like I was accomplishing anything. It did not translate into a large following, or sales on my website. However, I am proud of what I have done, I have posted blogs on a almost weekly basis. I also have done (most of) my self portrait challenge, which created some awesome results.
On a personal note, I have been struggling with myself a lot this year. I felt lonely and confused. I have some things I have been trying to deal with and will continue to work on myself.
Goals for 2022
I want to set some goals for 2022 on professional and personal levels. I know that there might seem no need to post them here, but I have found out that I need the accountability this blog gives me. Accountability helps me actually to the things I like.
So professionally I have several goals:
- I want to post weekly blogs about photography related subjects
- I want to get more active on Instagram and start posting at least 3 times a week
- I want to spend at least 2 hours every 2 weeks on posting photos on print on demand platforms. Hopefully this will increase my sales, but the goal is to try and put the hours in.
- I want to create things on a weekly basis, kind of like my self portrait project, but every month I will choose something different to create. Like illustrator, self portraits or photoshop.
- I want to create photos that I am proud of. Like my self portrait project, I want to set a challenge for myself to create photos. I have made a bucketlist for photography this year. Which you can find below.
Personally I also have some goals:
- Work on myself and my mental health
- I want to pass the courses of my study that I sign up for
- I want to create some awesome things with the committees that I am a part of
So those are my goals. I am curious, do you set goals for yourself?